Warrior Cats - The Selection

A small paw stepped out the door, "Today's the day," Flora whispered, "I finally get put in a clan." She smiled to herself and trotted along the pathways of the small village.
The village was bustling today, for many it was a very special day indeed. Flora walked through the village with her shoulders high and nose up, brimming with confidence. As she entered the gardens, she unexpectedly stumbled and bumped into something. Not something, a fellow cat!
"Greetings Flora."
"Clan leader Lostfire!" Flora said bubbly, "I finally get to meet you," she bowed low and sprang back up in excitement.
Lostfire laughed "What a spirit indeed, your mother Rainstar told me about you and your high spirit."
"She did?" Questioned Flora.
"Yes indeed, Rainstar and I aren't strangers," replied Lostfire.
"Could you tell me where the clan placement ceremony will be held?" Inquired Flora.
"Right here in the gardens, take a seat, you're early," answered Lostfire.
Cats started filing in and taking their seats on the soft grass. The tall stone edge loomed above them.
"Well I guess we're starting early, good luck Flora." Lostfire walked up to the tip of the stone edge.
A short 10 minutes later Flora's name was called.
Flora walked towards where Lostfire was standing, she gulped nervously.
"You shall be put in, StarClan" pronounced Lostfire "and from this day forward your name shall be Robinstar, future leader of StarClan."
A gasp came from the crowd, murmurs of "But that's a rare clan" could be heard throughout.
Flora did a little happy dance and thanked Lostfire. She turned and walked back to her seat smiling brightly.
As the ceremony ended Lostfire declared "To all new clan members, training starts at 7:00 am tomorrow, good luck!"
Flora, still smiling with her good fortune, got up to leave the gardens thinking ‘This will be an interesting year.’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!