Lauren And Lisa

Once there was a family of four that didn’t have enough money to satisfy their needs. The kids, Lauren and Lisa were twins but had very different personalities. Lauren was forgiving, creative and loved to study, but she was also secretive, jealous and wanted to show everyone that she was independent. Whereas Lisa was hopeful, outgoing, healthy and fit, she was also bossy, dishonest and impatient.

One day Lisa got impatient because her parents were still not able to satisfy their needs. She told them that they were not working hard enough so she was going to work as a waitress in a nearby restaurant. Her parents agreed and Lisa got the job in a few days. She earned $40 every week and soon Lisa got the parents’ attention much more than Lauren and this made her very jealous.

That’s why Lauren decided to sell some art pieces she owned without anyone in her family knowing. She was beautiful at art and her paintings were sold for around $300 each! Lisa wouldn’t get that much money even if she worked for seven weeks. When Lauren sold twelve paintings, she made the decision to finally tell her parents everything, but she wanted to tell them in a creative way.

Her plan was to have some flowers leading to a box. Inside the box, there would be a picture of her family that Lauren drew herself, all the money she earned (which is $3600) and a note that says I made all this money by selling my paintings. I love you and I hope for the best! Lauren loved her parents' reaction because they were surprised and cheerful.

Lauren continued to sell paintings and Lisa continued to be a waitress. Soon their parents were able to satisfy all their needs and this experience brang the family closer together. Everyone was joyful!


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!