Back In Time

I was lying in my bed playing Roblox when suddenly, the light flickered off! I looked for the power generator and I checked if it had any broken wires, but it was just fine! I went back to my room and I looked for anything that might have blown the lights, but still nothing!
Then I heard this voice that said, “You are going back in time to 1908. You have 10 seconds to bring one item with you. Your time starts now.” I almost wanted to cry, but then I saw my purple bag lying on my bed.
It was the only thing I could grab in time so I took it off my bed. Then I heard the same voice saying, “Teleporting back in time to 1908.” I suddenly felt really, really sleepy.
30 minutes later…
I opened my eyes and I felt really weird, because I felt like I was lying on hay. And I was! I stood up and I looked to see.
I was in the middle of nowhere! I remembered I brought my bag with me! I looked to see what was in my bag. It was everything I needed to survive!
There was food, water, clothes and more! Suddenly I heard my phone’s ringtone! I answered the call and then this guy with a cowboy accent said, “Howdy partner! Remember ma voice?”
I said no, because I didn’t know who he was and how he got my phone number! So the next thing I said was, “Sorry, but I think you’ve got the wrong number.” He replied, “No, no I know your name young lady. Your name is Liani.” He sent me a picture of the whole Telegraph Station. The Telegraph Station! He also sent me a list of things I had to finish. The first thing I had to do was take care of the horses.
I went to the stables and the first horse I took care of was a beautiful black one. I brushed his hair with the brush that was in my bag, cleaned his horse shoes with my soap and did all the things to take care of the horses.
I took care of a total of 10 horses in 20 minutes. Anyway, the next thing on the list was to wash the laundry. I had to wash all the underwear. It was really disgusting! When I finished all of my tasks my phone rang again!
I answered the call and I knew it would have been the cowboy from earlier. And obviously it was the cowboy.
He said that I had completed all the tasks in only one hour! I really loved working here. He replied saying, “Ya did a great job! Ya finished all ya tasks in only one hour!”
Congratulations, Liani you will now receive your prize! Afterwards I got a prize of a cute little puppy! 30 minutes later I was back in my bed playing with my puppy!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!