Vegas Lights

In a place filled with bright lights, loud music, and so much money, Aliah and Milo felt very out of place. The pair weren’t from around here. Milo had seven people under one roof, and Aliah was a troubled orphan on a sports scholarship. This was not their lifestyle.

But there, in a flashy casino in Vegas, with slicked-back hair and shiny diamonds, they looked anything but out of place. Hell, Aliah was wearing a girly looking red dress. But it just looked so perfect pressed up against Milo's dark blue tux.

They were giggling against each other's mouths, Aliahs brown curls sticking to her wet lips as they pulled apart. A pale hand swiped it out of the way, the taller males eyes glued on the girl he kept so close to him.

“Should have told someone,” Aliah whispered, almost daring enough to share their dangerous activity. “Make 'em jealous. They’d snitch the first chance they got.”
"Wouldn’t say so. You gotta have more faith in people,” Milo chastised as he swiped a hand through his hair.

How did they end up in Vegas, you ask?

The couple were making their fun from stolen credit cards. Busting all the riches they’d gotten on gambling and drinks they shouldn't have. One weekend where they could have fun, get lost in the moment. Downing the last of his red and tangy drink, Milo hoisted Aliah up to sit on the large slots machine, standing between her legs as they shared rushed and feverish kisses.

“We should go get a hotel room before we bust all the money here,” Aliah mumbled, muffled and drowned out from the chatter of the room and her boyfriends' persistent kisses.
“One more time. Do it one more time,” Was the breathy reply she got.

Aliah rolled her eyes before blindly fumbled behind her, slipping a coin into the slot with nimble fingers. Her hazel eyes were closed and attention mostly on the breathtaking kiss yet she somehow still managed to grab hold of the large lever and push it down. The sounds of the machine whirring filled their headspace, the now-familiar ching of money falling alerting them that they didn’t have to worry about going broke just yet. They could go to jail for this. Fingers decked out with stolen rings and necks wrapped in expensive feathers and pearls. Monday would set everything back to normal.

“I don’t trust this place,” Aliah whispered after her mouth was finally free, needing to gasp for some proper air, both the kisses and excitement of it all leaving her breathless like never before.
“You don’t trust anything, baby. Just enjoy yourself while you can,” Milo whispered back.
Those words were nothing but the truth. They only had a limited amount of time, so Aliah didn’t let herself get all caught up in the future. She just focused on making the most of the moment, under those Vegas lights.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!