Kaleidoscope

Grey is a colour we don’t really use. Grey is a colour we don’t really know. What if people were grey? We would not have to look at black or white anymore because grey is the cross of both black and white. What if all clothes were grey? Nobody would be unique, out of style or weird. We would all be the same. Would that be alright? I guess so. What if walls were grey? We would have no light or dark places. No places to be sad. No places to be happy. Just a place of grey. What if yellow spilled on grey? A bright, big yellow flower would blossom in people's words. Not regretting any actions. Nor choices that they make. What if yellow splashed on walls? People would walk past it. Suddenly, a slap of smile on their faces. Saying nice, thoughtful comments to each other. What if green sprouted out of the grey corners? Men, women and children would skip past it. Head in the direction where they had started something but never finished it. Holding on to their hopes and dreams. What if green spread across grass, leaves and stems? Families would be able to have a proper picnic in the park. Looking at the colourful flora. Gazing at life. What if blue tagged along? A farm of patience would grow in the community's mind. Problems that come face to face with turn into a resolution. Minds become still. What if blue fell from the sky? The towns people would be able to look and be inspired. Driven by the bright and vivid wonder. Thoughts drift away. What if a shot of red hit the entire village? A whopping, mammoth-sized flame would swell in their hearts. Leaving no room for anger and cruelty. Misery, pain and hatred. What if everything was made with red? When you stumble upon buildings,architectures or construction, you would feel deep affection. Appreciation and respect for things. Every colour and every hue. It is represented by me and you. Now, when I look around I see people. In a loving world filled with a rainbow. Grey is a colour we don’t really use. Grey is a colour we don’t really know. What if all clothes were grey? Nobody would be unique, out of style or weird. We would all be the same. Would that be alright? I don’t think so.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!