Back To The Future

’I finally did it. I created a time machine!’ That was exactly what Nick told himself while staring at his invention in disbelief. He was flabbergasted. I can't believe that such a brainless person could create the world’s hardest invention! He is over 20 but his brain is the equivalent to one’s in kindy. But, Nick was extremely exhausted after creating this. You probably would like to know what it looks like and, I am indeed quite thought-full so I will tell you. Imagine a magenta circular shower with a 5*7 button panel. The creation has many safety functions but the only flaw is that it can only do two consecutive trips and the takes 3 hours to charge back up. The question is, will he be able to get back home safely or never return to 2020. So now it’s time to get some rest.
Now we will begin the experiment. ‘If I do not return, never mind, it's not quite likely to happen to me.’ said Nick confidently. ‘Let's do this. What does this button do I wonder?’ He asked himself quietly while pressing it. There was a loud Zap and before you knew it he was all alone and Isolate, in the dinosaur Era. He was frozen from disbelief and woken up by a loud and violent Triceratops’ roar. Quick fun fact, Triceratops’ might have had over 800 teeth! I clambered back to my time machine frantically in horror. Nick pressed the carefully placed buttons uncontrollably, in hope to escape from this madness. There was an intense WHOOSH, and he was no longer in sight. But, in sight of 4081. Yes, indeed he has teleported to the distant future. Number’s, Dreams and fantasies gyrated before my eye’s. Iridescent colors that you couldn’t imagine were carefully arranged everywhere. What a beautiful sight. This was very different to his scientific hypothesis of the future. He felt a cool zephyr across his face. But as the rather Odd denizens of the future greeted our gallant fellow, they captured him and resisted his flailing actions. As he was thrashed into the highly sophisticated, laser protected cells for invader’s, the engineer uttered a word or two under his breath. Locked in a grey, damp and overprotected cell, all light blocked from you just like your hopes of escaping.
Right when it seemed all was lost, his co-worker appeared before him. How did you get here? ‘Oh it was easy’ explained Brad. ‘I got a notification that you changed your location then saw the tracks from your time machine and came here. And by the way, It was my time machine that helped. And yes I had already made one.’ ‘What!’ I said. ’How could you! Turns out I’m not first. Such a disappointment. Flip that switch Brad to open the cell.’ Brad completed the task with ease, and then the pair eluded all the security lasers and travelled back safely to the year 2020. Or was it?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!