NASCAR Roaring Thunder

“It’s been a beautiful day here at Darlington speedway and we're down to our final lap!” BANG! SCREECH! Mustang No.12 blew a tyre and went sideways. CRASH! Several other cars collided into the mustang. Smoke filled the track and night rolled in, making the track almost invisible. Approaching the pack was Camaro No.37 the driver spotted the smoke and changed to gear 4. His engine roared as loud as thunder.
“I don’t believe it! No.37 is heading straight into the crash!” stated the commentator. No.37 disappeared into the foggy smoke. Silence filled the stadium then suddenly Camaro 37 shot out of the smoke! ZOOOOOM! Despite the monorover, the car's engine was getting hotter, The tyres were peeling and the spoiler was shaking. 10 seconds from the finish line the tyres blew out BAM!! The driver of No.37 tried to control the car EEEEEEEK!!!!! Just when he thought he was going to make it… CRASH! The Camaro spun into a fence, 10 meters away from the finish line. What a sad, sad way to end the race. But the race driver climbed out of his car and ran to the finish line. But a chrysler plymouth reversed out of the pile up and started driving again. The camaro diver heard the car coming and he started running faster. The plymouth didn’t make it in time and the camaro driver ran across the finish line in spectacular glory.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!