Earth’s Veil

It is holding us all; Our children, fathers and mothers.
And still headlines state we must protect it, “It is our home.”
But why?
Do they not see this messed up mind, of this home we call ‘Earth’
or have not only them but we fallen into the grips of Stockholm syndrome.
A disease. An illness. Gripping our minds.
Letting us feel for our kidnapper. Enhancing its sick and twisted mind.
But indeed we can say. Few have escaped the earth’s rigid clutches.
But. Only for a while.
Only for a while.
Forever we will roam this earth, too blinded by its beautiful veil.
Unbeknownst to its evil.
As our own evil has grown among us, and some have lost their sanity.
Held too long, inside the earth’s sinful clutches.
To escape we must defeat our own evil and only then will we be truly free.
And until then the earth holds us all; Our children, fathers and mothers.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!