Hades

My heart, my Achilles heel.
A tainted soul the colour of his starless midnight horses,
with eyes like black coffee and added depiction of nothing.
Bitter and tart like an unripe pomegranate is my Hades, and addictively sweet like the ruby jewels inside.
As lethal as the poison from Paris’ belladonna dipped arrow,
as vicious as his infamous hellhound Cerberus.
Weakened by enamour, the stealer of the meadows Kore.
And the infatuation I returned was the awakening of much, much more.
Hades plucked me like a flower from the meadows I roamed,
To rain down on his kingdom like a golden-sunshine shower.
Soon I—bringer on destruction—craved for a taste of his dark world, and together we ran my simplicity an acid bath.
My wolf eyes smiled at my love at his promise of more,
Now I blossom by Hades side like a lotus lily with my newfound beauty and perfect impurity.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!