Never Run Away With The Circus

I had to leave this world behind. Find my way back. I snuck out of the circus train, on horseback. I was 18, with purple hair and stunning violet eyes, and extraordinary talents. My horse Storm, a grey mustang, was my getaway. I heard yelling, feet. Men’s feet, chasing after me. “GALAXY!” they called. They wanted my powers. I got a good distance between me and my chases, before jumping off Storm. With one hand on the ground, one holding storms reigns, my eyes flashing aqua, as I made the grass in front of the men ice. Then, eyes red, I jumped back onto storm, making a wall of fire behind me. We galloped into the forest of trees, not looking back. Wind stung my face, tears threatening to fall. These people… these monsters, had convinced me to join the circus and 16, leaving behind, loving parents and a younger sister. They said I would become rich. They were wrong. I got no money, and they took my ice, fire and animal powers for advantage. After 3 hours of galloping, cantering, trotting and now walking, we were now next to a lake, in the middle of a field. I jumped of Storm, and let him drink from the lake. I opened my back pack and gave him an apple. Then, I turned into an eagle, eyes green, and flew up, looking for a town, shop, shelter. Anything. I saw a small town next to a hill. My old home was next to a hill. I flew down, turning back into a human, and walked next to Storm, leading him towards the town. I tied him up in an abandoned block, heading into this town. I realized, I was in my home town. Running back and mounting storm, I hurried up to where our block was. We hadn’t even stared building our new house when I had run away. I sat on Storm, outside the block, looking at the house. I saw my sister dancing in what appeared to be her room. She had blonde hair, wearing denim shorts and a blue t-shirt, my parents, nowhere to be seen. I tied up storm on a fence post, and went up to the front door. I took a deep breath, and knocked on the door. What if they hated me for running away? What I they never forgave me? What If they replaced me? What if they… A million thought rushed through my head, being broken by the opening of the door. My sister Olivia, opened the door. She was only 8 when I ran away. “Mum!” she called out, mouth wide open, staring at me. My mum came to the door. “Who is it sweet he…” She stared at me, then ran at me, hugging me fiercely. My sister eventually joined in, then my dad. “I’m sorry!” I blurted out, explaining everything. They forgave me. I showed then storm. We were finally a big happy family once again. I was home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!