Never Trust A Red Apple!

Once upon a time there was a boy called Jack. He loved growing fruit and vegetables in his backyard. He had an apple tree. One day when Jack was in his backyard, he saw a shiny apple. It was different to the other apples on the trees. It was bright red, like tomato sauce and was much bigger than the other apples. Jack wasted no time eating this apple and soon realised it was bitter and spat it out. His mouth felt fizzy and his body started to shake. BOOOOOOM! He was teleported to a magical land.

Jack looked around and realised he was in a forest. On the ground was a trail of bread. He followed the trail of bread and saw a small house made of gingerbread and lollies. He knocked on the door and an old lady opened it. He introduced himself and the old lady offered him some lollies. He thanked her and ate the lolly. The lolly was bitter and he spat it out. His mouth felt fizzy and his body started to shake. BOOOOOOM! He was teleported to a small village.

Jack looked around and saw a girl with golden hair who was walking towards a small house. He followed her and went inside. Inside he saw pictures of bears. Then he realised it was Goldilocks. There were three bowls of porridge. Jack was hungry and had spoonful of porridge from the first bowl. It was so hot, it felt like lava was in his mouth. But the porridge was bitter and he spat it out. Maybe he should have eaten the last one. He went through the same process again and was teleported into the woods.

He saw a little girl with a red hood. He knew straight away that it was Little Red Riding Hood. He didn’t want to follow her to Grandma’s house because of the Big Bad Wolf. He asked her if he could eat something from the basket. She gave a chocolate chip muffin. Jack thanked her and ate it. The muffin tasted bitter and he went through the same process again.

Jack was teleported to a farm and in front of him was a giant beanstalk. It was as wide as a house and as tall as the clouds. He had a good feeling about this as his name was Jack and he was in Jack and the Beanstalk. He climbed up the beanstalk and was confused as he was expecting to see golden eggs but instead, he saw his apple tree with the bright shiny red apples. He took a big bite and was expecting it to taste bitter, but this time, it tasted sweet. It was the sweetest apple he had ever tasted! His mouth felt fizzy and his body started to shake. BOOOOOOM!

This time he was teleported back home. He was in his backyard and next to him was the bright shiny red apple. Was he dreaming or was it real?

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!