Back, back in reality.

The sun was shining and there was a slight chill in the air. I closed my eyes tightly and woke up in a place I didn’t know. The ground was covered in grass slightly wet from the rain and the trees around me were all dead and gloomy. I heard a noise and looked behind me but didn’t see anything. Again I heard the noise, a sort of a rustle of the bushes which choked the trees in the place I didn’t want to be. The noise was coming closer and I didn’t want to be there when it came. I started to run my heart pumping as I bolted from the thing which was following me. The trees around me started to blur as I ran as fast as I could. I turned around to see if it was still following me but all I could see was the tracks from me running thought the dark bush land. I turned around quickly to see where I was running to see that I was running right into a dead end. I jumped around to face the being, taking a deep breath in collecting the courage I needed. As the noises become louder pounding towards me I close my eyes, just for a second and wake up to see my kitten standing over me purring in my ear. I was back, back in reality.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!