Tears


Hot, stinging tears trickled slowly down my face; my hands refusing to wipe them away as I stared at her for the last time. Eyes watering, I reached out to hold my mother’s hand for the last time.
“We have to go.” My father broke the silence with a small restrained voice.
I didn’t want to go. I never wanted to leave my mother. Trying to resist, I stared at her for the final time before the white sheet was placed on top of her. Dragging my feet towards the exit, I still couldn’t believe that she had gone. That night I cried myself to sleep. Just thinking of her happy, cheerful face taken away from me was enough to start the waterfalls again.

The morning had been grim. Glancing at my father, I knew that he too had been crying that night. His face was red raw, and his eyes were screwed shut, hiding away the tears. He was breathing heavily, as though someone had kicked him in the chest .After eating slowly at my breakfast, I hurried up the stairs to my room. As I closed my door, my thoughts were all focused on one thing; the last moments with her. I still remember when she said that she would be okay. That she would make it through. Unconscious tears started pouring down my face as I curled myself into a tight ball.

It was the worst day of my life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!