Omegle

You sit there, cloaked in the comfort of your screen.
The letter appears, the same almost every time.
You don’t say what letter you would like in return.
But I know what you want, I know why you’re here.
I type the truthful letter, knowing it won’t do me any good.
Before I know it, it is the same, the same word that seems to crush my soul every time.
You don’t realise, you don’t know why I am here.
The second I respond with the word I know you don’t want, the screen turns blank.
You have left, I will never have the chance to speak to why I am here.
You don’t care, you won’t ever care.
I should know better by now, but the last bit of hope in me is shouting.
Telling me to try, I am doubting whether or not to listen.
I click the button, the one that gets me into this mess.
I am waiting, waiting to see the same message yet again.
But it is different, it is not like the rest, it is a single letter.
F.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!