Mouse On A Mission

Finalist in the 'The Inside Story 2020' competition

It was a glorious, sunny morning. I had a feeling that the day was going to be phenomenal! I was getting ready when I glanced into my mirror and had the shock of my life! I couldn’t believe my eyes... I had turned into a tiny, grey mouse! I felt puzzled and was filled with wonder. What on earth had happened to me? I immediately started to panic but then I decided that I would make the best of it and be a ‘Mouse on a Mission’.

Firstly, I bravely scampered into my Dad’s shoe and quietly hid inside. As soon as he put his shoe on, I tickled him and bit him as hard as I could with my sharp teeth. He screamed and jumped high in the air. He nearly hit the ceiling! When Dad saw that it was just a harmless little mouse, he laughed so loudly that I am sure the neighbours heard. I knew I was being mischievous!

Next, I thought it would be an extremely clever idea to take my Mum’s favourite cookies from her secret hiding place and eat them all up. I cautiously took the packet without anyone seeing me and dragged it onto my bed. I gobbled the scrumptious cookies as quickly as I could while hiding under my blanket. My Mum was furious when she noticed her missing cookies but I didn’t care because it was worth every mouth-watering bite.

After this, I crept silently into my sister’s bedroom where she was fast asleep and squeaked as mightily as I could. She woke up terrified and ran out of her room as fast as her legs could carry her. I couldn’t stop chuckling! She was very cranky for the rest of the day. I was being cheeky, right?

Last of all, I made up my mind to end the day with one more adventure. I wanted to teach my grumpy, old neighbour a lesson for always shouting at me for making too much noise when I play cricket outside. I scurried into his backyard through a hole in his fence and nibbled his delicious vegetables. When he noticed what was happening, he chased me out of his garden with a rusty, dirty spade. However, he wasn’t fast enough for a genius mouse like me!

I went to bed that night thinking about my extraordinary day. Even though I had caused a pandemonium everywhere I went, I didn’t regret a minute of it! It was a day filled with excitement and marvellous memories!

The next morning when I woke up I was relieved to find that I was back to my normal self again. Was it just a dream or had I really turned into a mouse? I wasn’t sure but I found cookie crumbs all over my bed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!