MADELINE

Madeline heard a knock on the door. She slowly opened the door looking at a small parcel, wondering who has brought that to her?

Blowing the dust off the parcel, she saw a small locket inside the box. She opened the locket and inside was a picture of her mother who has died when Madeline was only 13 years old. Madeline recalls her mother's last words: “Remember me!”

She looked on the other side of the locket and saw a picture of a man. She began to wonder who that man was, so she slowly took the picture out of the locket. On the back of the picture were initials of a person. The initials read “BW “. She searched the web for the initials but did not found anything. When she arrived back to the boarding school, she saw a poster and it said “El Digro Circo” featured by Brunno Wallis. She remembers when the circus burnt down 10 years ago. Madeline began to think that the mystery man is part of the circus and she knew that the place where the circus burnt down was in Spain. She was hoping to go there to investigate mystery man but realised she does not have enough money to go there.

“LEMONADE FOR SALE” said the sign.
Her neighbour said: “Oh Madeline what are you going to get yourself stuck into this time.”
“I'm raising money for Spain,” answered Madeline.

So, Madeline went off selling Lemonade, but she only reached $40 and ran out of lemons. Madeline then started washing cars but still didn't raise much more so she gave up and left. Touching the rusted locket Madeline was thinking of her mother. Tears started dripping down her soft pale cheeks, but suddenly she heard a small voice coming from the locket "Help me”
She began to tremble and suddenly she hears the voice again” Help me.”

Madeline wonders who is calling her, she saw little screw hole in the locket, and she grabbed a bobby pin from her soft silky hair. As she slowly cranked the bobby pin 2 times right, she hears the voice again but louder. She popped open the locket and saw a tiny note that read “Find me at the water”
Madeline was Intrigued so she rushed to the nearest beach but on her way she heard the voice again "Help me."
She looked at the note again and saw something at the bottom, it said "P.T". She thought of the beach Palamino Turve, she was thinking of her mother on the way but suddenly she saw a tall black figure standing on the beach.


She tried to run but it was too LATE...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!