Fame Is Pain

The feeling of being surrounded by complete strangers 24/7 was horrifying! Why couldn’t people leave me alone for a second? I just thought that a TV star would just go around the world, being filmed in movies. But I was wrong. Now I regret auditioning for movies. People were chasing me, some for a signature and others for a picture, so they could show off to their friends. I sprinted, hoping they would just give up. But when I turned for a split second, the crowd was there. What could I do? I looked around, desperate to find a place to hide. I rushed to my limousine, demanding the driver to rush me off to my house. In the car, I looked behind, checking if anyone was stalking me. It was all clear. But I decided I needed to stay under wraps for 1 whole month. I jumped out of the car, and urged myself to reach my front door, thankful that I had gotten away. As soon as I got in the luxury of my home, I locked the door immediately, and trampled over to my room. I closed the door, let down the curtains and flopped onto my bed. I had finally gotten away from the monstrous people. I thought to myself about them. Did they have empathy, seeing that I am always stalked by strangers as if I was a chew toy with dogs nagging their owners to take them of the lead so they could chew me? Why were they all addicted to following me around? Why couldn’t they leave my personal life private? They would always blurt out my private life in front of people staring at a TV, waiting to see me. I curled up with horror spinning in my mind. But then I just decided to forget about it and enjoy my new life. Life under wraps was perfect. I could sit down, resting or playing on my phone. Or I could be eating homemade food, made with delight. But I was most glad that I decided to go undercover for a while. When the month had ended, a got a phone call. It was from my manager. I answered it, hoping it was not people begging for me to come back. “Hello?” I answered reluctantly. “Umm, hi. Is Raddix Changihiet there?” an unfamiliar voice asked. “Yes, that’s me” I said, sighing. “Great. We have a request. Will you come back to being a star, or like-” “NO!” I had just realised I yelled through the phone. But I did not care. “I WILL NEVER BE A STAR AGAIN! IT IS HORRIBLE!!” I shouted, hanging up on him. I then threw myself on the couch. Ciao, tv!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!