Far Away

Far Away.


Gun shoots far from him. He ran to the bushes, making the yelling and shooting disappear from his ears. Cars drove on the dusty dirt, and helicopters filled the sky, it was time to make his move.

He walked to the bushes, the trees blocked him from seeing the sky, and the leaves on the floor were crackling. He saw a log close by, sticks guarded around it. He took sticks, until his hands were to carry no more. Sunset came, clouds hid the dawn. He dropped the sticks, and made a fire. He walked to find food, but surprisingly, found an old supermarket across a mountain.

He hid next to the wall and peeked into the window. It was dusty and the food should’ve been out of date by now, but whatever he found, he took. He was desperately hungry for food and needed water. He took bread and some water, and returned into the bushes.

Helicopters flew around the sky trying to look for the criminal. The loud engine went across the rivers, forest, and the bushes downtown.
‘Sorry, we couldn’t find him,’ said a helicopter pilot with a terrible look on his face.
He gave him a confused look, and said something.
‘What? Probably you're a far distance from him, just get closer,’ he said.
‘But he’ll run away just like when we chased him with police cars that had sirens, if he hears that he’ll hide or sprint into the bushes until he has no more energy left to use,’ said the pilot. ‘And that’ll make things worse, he’ll know what’s coming for him.’
‘Just do something,’ he said sharply while walking away. ‘I have to go back to the city, are you coming?’
‘Yes, I’m coming.’
He tried to start the engine, it was out of fuel.
‘Argh! I can’t move this thing!’ he mumbled as sweat came down his forehead.
‘Let me try,’ said a helicopter pilot. He pulled the engine starter as hard as he could, it wasn’t working.
‘Did you start it?’said the man in the army.
‘Does it sound like I started it? We have no fuel!’ he said sharply to him.
‘That’s because you're weak, get some muscles,’ he muttered.
‘I’m not “weak”… I always use these, believe me, it’s run out of fuel.’
The army man swore.
‘What can we do now?’ he yelled.
‘Use the cars of course.’

‘We caught him’ yelled the pilot.
‘Great.’
He jumped out of the car and ran quietly, that’s when the criminal realized it, they were here. He jumped off the floor, and crashed into the bushes.
‘Go get him!’ Yelled the army man.
All of the army ran, while police got into their cars and drove on full speed. A gunshot flew into the sky and hit the criminal's arm.
‘Ouch,’ he whispered, as he tumbled onto the red dirt.
He put the handcuffs on his wrists and pushed him into the car.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!