A Bull That Just Wanted To Catch The Bus To The Airport And Catch A Plane Home !!

A bull that just wanted to catch the bus to the airport and catch a plane home !!
By Ashlee Gleeson

“A bull! Where” I shouted. A bull stood out the window at the bus stop, with a suitcase wearing shorts and t-shirt !! How crazy is that! Let me introduce myself. I’m Ashy and this is my sister Rose. We’re in year ten at Loreto and love Cricket. We live in a small town called Sping Hill in the hillsides. Now lets get back to the story.

The bus we were travelling on pulled over and let the bull get in. But the bull couldn’t fit. Then it started to rain. Heavily.
As if it was magic the bull began to grow skinny, until it could fit through the door.
When the bull that was now skinny found himself a seat, the bull whose name is Carl by the way took out what looked like a rich lemony sweet and started sucking it. As he (Carl) did, Carl began to grow fatter back to his normal size.

When we got to our stop we decided to stay on the bus to find out where Carl was going. It turns out Carl was headed to the airport. As we neared the airport Carl put another sweet in his mouth. This time it was a thick, chocolate colour. As the bus came to pull up the driver asked if anyone was getting off. As if Carl had a voice of his own Carl said in a deep voice “ Yes. This is my stop.” Rose and I looked at each other in surprise. Did that just happen!? Did a bull just talk!?

As the Bull got off so did Rose and I . That’s when we (Rose and I) got a text from mum. It said “ Where are you? You were supposed to be home an hour ago” Rose and I looked at each other in horror! What were we going to do!?

“ Why don’t you say your at a friend’s house” suggested a deep, dark, creepy, mysterious voice. It was Carl. “
H.. H… How’d you know” Rose stammered.When your phone beeped I knew you were going to need some help. So I moved to the side and you walked right past me. Then I started following you and told you that.

“Well thank you” I replied
“Where are you headed to” Rose asked curiously. ” I am heading off to the mountains to live with my family” Carl answered . “Lovely” Rose replied. “Well I better get going my flight leaves in 5 minutes” said Carl “We loved meeting you” I yelled but Carl disappeared from sight.

“Does this sound okay” asked Rose “ Hi Mum , be home in about half an hour Rose”
“Yep. That sounds fine” I said
“ Good “ Rose replied. Now lets go catch that bus. After half an hour we returned home and talked about Carl the bull and if he made it home. We promised each other that it would be our little secret.

NOTE: No bulls were harmed while sucking on sweets in the making of this story.











FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!