Nathan And The Blobots.

“Welcome to the new generation of living Blobcity! We have created intelligent, helpful robots called Blobots, for all you citizens!” declared Sir Blob, Blobots and Co’s board director. Nathan watched in a distance as the townspeople gathered around and marveled at these new ‘Blobots’. Nathan hated them. He hated them so much that he even paid and studied for a course on how to override bad or rogue robots. He hated robots because his whole family hated them. He never really had anything personal against them.
The Blobots continued to impress the public for almost a month, until catastrophe struck like lightning. The robots went rogue! Completely mindless, with extremely high-tech robots plus the town equals a mere apocalypse. Nathan was on his laptop when he looked outside the window to see an elderly person being pushed by a Blobot! He bolted outside, and immediately plugged in a USB that deactivates the robot, into a USB portal. He always carried one, if robots go rogue.
Nathan knew the central problem in these Blobots had to do with Blobots and Co. He couldn’t plug a USB into all the Blobots, but maybe there was a motherboard there that he could shut down with the drive. Nathan grabbed another USB which contained the deactivation codes and got to Blobots and Co as fast as he could. He dodged rogue bots along the way, trying to trip him. Nathan got there, at the floor where the Blobots control headquarters were, and found a mess. People were lying unconscious on the ground, papers scattered across the room, and damaged technology were screeching with malfunctions on tables.
Nathan ravaged through the room, trying to find a port he could plug his USB in, but his mind was distracted by the mess and savageness in this room. It was creeping him out, as well as giving butterflies which fluttered around his stomach like they were being chased by a snake that was also in his stomach. In other words, Nathan was terribly scared of what had caused the madness in the room. Finally, he saw a port which was perfectly shaped in his USB. He plugged it in, and decoded the Blobots protocol, which seemed to have said ‘Attack Blobcity’. Someone was behind this!
After his revelation of ending the Blobots, he looked outside the window of the skyscraper he was in to see people being carried on stretchers by the ambulance, police checking if anyone was under pieces of debris from walls and he saw Blobots falling to the ground. Even after doing this, Nathan felt uneasy. Somebody was planning to attack Blobcity, and is still out there, ready to strike again.
In an unknown island, just a couple kilometers off Blobcity…
“Ha. These petty civilians actually survived the first wave.” The hooded figure evilly chuckled. “The next wave, however, will be with the intention to kill.” The mysterious figure started to plan the next attack.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!