Never Ending Nightmare

Never-Ending Nightmare
The night was full of stars but no moon or was it I could not see anything but a guy who was about to attack me? Terrified I woke up, why these types of dreams? I always had these types of dreams which made me overthink 'could this be a sign for danger'... “Grace, breakfast is ready”. Sometimes I wish I had a voice to reply, sighing I went downstairs. Not paying attention I tripped and fell down the glass stairs. I was getting dragged into the ambulance and feeling away from home.
I woke up but in a different world, a world where there was no one to hug me, a world where I had no one to tell me “it’s going to be alright.” I was on my own, I just sat there letting my tears melt me away. A year passed I could feel my skin drying up. I could not tolerate the pain, so I decided I had to stand up on my own feet, sitting here was not gonna help. I started to search but there was nothing all I could see was a darkness I was surrounded by it was I gonna let my tears start to melt me away once again until my time had come just leave this world or was I gonna still continue to find an end to this nightmare and not lose hope.
Walking around in silence until I something caught the edge of my eye, A DOOR, memories came flooding back. Freedom at last, on my way out I heard something “Run, run as fast as you can, or he’ll get you.” This all made sense now! Those dreams they were all signs of danger, but the voice continued to talk without hesitating it said “if you don’t attack him, he’ll attack you under the night sky with stars but no moon... If you both manage to survive, he will still come after you but whatever you do… do not scream.” It said as its voice started to fade into the darkness. I have to run without a sound, when I woke up, I realised where I was this whole time, coma. But that didn’t bother me what bothered me was what I heard, “I’m afraid she won’t make it, were losing hope.” NO, NO we are not, I wanted to scream “I’m alive, mum, dad come to me I- I feel… Scared.” BANG! Huh? Wha- No it was him! That guy that I see in my dreams every night. Right then I had two feelings the first one was thank you for slamming the door shut cause it got my parents and the doctors attention but on the other hand WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT? I looked out the window... there was stars but no moon. It’s the end of everything. Goodbye loved ones…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!