Tick Toc

Tick, toc. I can see it everywhere.
Tick toc. It is over there, just around the corner.
Tick toc. It is starting to slow for her, over there. The old woman shopping.
Can you see it?
Tick toc. The little girl in the hospital. It is slowing for her as well.
You can see it now, right?
But look over there, at the boy on the bridge. Tick toc.
It is still strong, but he thinks that it is not. He is going to jump. Tick toc.
“Boy! On the bridge! Your clock is still strong, don’t stop it now!”
I reach out my hand. Tick…toc.
He climbs down. He will not jump. His clock remains strong. Tick toc.
Tick, toc. I stopped my clock, and I made a mistake. You cannot make my mistake.
Tick, toc, tick, toc. Do not stop your clock.
Tick toc. Tick toc.
Tick, toc… your world is a clock.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!