Taken

It was dead quiet. Not a sound could be heard. Midnight; pitch black. I could see my icy breath in front of my face. Suddenly, out of the shadows, a figure appeared. It was tall and slender, with a menacing look in its eyes. I blindly charged into the blackness to find a way out. I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head. Then, nothing more.

When I came round, I found myself tied up beneath the glaring sun. With no one in sight, I reached for my pocket knife, but I soon realized that I no longer had it. I started to think back to before I got taken...

I used to live with my family in a small cottage. It wasn’t exactly a mansion, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I had decided that it was time to leave, so I moved into an apartment the next town over. I missed my parents, but I was happy to be there as well, after a few weeks of living by myself I went to visit my parents. When I got to the house, it wasn’t them sitting around the dining table. I confronted them, but they must’ve taken me to that dark room, because I didn’t remember anything between then and there.

I had only just realized that I was dehydrated, so I looked around for anything to cut me down. I screamed for help but I stopped after several hopeless tries. I started to think that I would never survive out there when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw something shiny on the ground. I started to dig in the sand with my feet and I found a sharp piece of glass. I struggled to get my shoes off, but when I finally managed kick them away I cut my toe. I quickly passed the glass with my feet up to my hands and cut myself free. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me and I found civilization. I hitchhiked back home and called the cops.

I still remember that story clear as day. I still remember how frightened I felt, and how relieved I felt when I got back home, and I still remember the happiness I felt when I heard that my family was found.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!