Beneath A Full Moon

The wind pushed against the deep green grass in the meadow, now a meadow made of a grass ocean. The moonlight lightly touched the grass, casting a blanket of lavender blue across the large flat field. A still dark lump lay amongst the grass, the body outlined with shimmering pink blood. The body would have perhaps been mistaken for a peaceful sleeping child, only distinguishable due to the liquid pouring from her chest.

A young girl with light purple hair ran through the wet forest, barely able to distinguish the chocolate brown trees from the ground. Her hefty yellow and purple accented armour clanked as she dashed behind a few trees that had grown far too close together. She tried to calm her heart which beat faster than a greyhound chasing a rabbit. Her sky blue eyes darted from the left, where a tree with a moss garden stood, then to the right, where a startled mouse scurried away in fright. The wind seemed to call to her, “Utsuni” it cried. Utsuni shut her eyes, resting her aching legs. A weight on her shoulder caused her to have a mini heart attack. She jumped back but relaxed once she saw her blonde haired, blue eyed friend Sonia. “You scared me!” Utsuni playfully punched her friend in the shoulder, hard enough that her friend winced. “I found something quite distressing,” Sonia exclaimed as she fumbled with her knotted bandana. “Well what did you find that was ‘quite distressing’?” Utsuni grinned. Sonia explained to her quite bold friend that there was something in a meadow not too far from where they were currently situated.

The golden sun was starting to set as the pair of cosplayers maneuvered through the darkening trees. Utsuni was contemplating their choice of setting off at sunset when they finally came to the edge of the forest. “So you were distressed once you saw how normal this clearing is?” Utsuni joked. Sonia looked quite pale as, with trembling legs, walked over to a dark lump in the grass. Utsuni hopped over to where Sonia stood and she suddenly felt a feeling of dread wash over her body and fill the pit of her stomach, weighing her down. What lay before them was the crumpled body of a school girl, dried blood on her white shirt. Her red tie was flopped against the ground, as lifeless as her body. Utsuni stepped back, horrified by what she saw. Without a second hesitation she turned around and bolted back towards her town.

Sonia crouched beside her accomplice. A moment later the body's eyes fluttered open. Her gaze was a piercing red. The girl sat up and flicked her long navy hair behind her shoulder. “How was that?” she smiled, scratching some of the fake blood off her arm. “Jeez Ryora, you really scared her!” Sonia helped her friend get up. “Let’s get back to town before she tells everyone that a body has been discovered!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!