The Secret

Alexa was huddled in the corner trying to find warmth as quick flips and flaps echoed around her, she was not like the other kids at school, all bundled up, however, still freezing cold, they will never know the secret to reading as Alexa does. But something that day was remarkable, what is that you ask? I’ll take you back in time, 2 hours to be precise at 7:00 in the morning. Alexa was eating her usual, morning cereal while reading a book, then a tiny droplet of milk fell onto the page when the heroine was fighting a dragon! Yes a FIRE BREATHING DRAGON! As soon as that happened white and blue, mists and sparks flew out of the book, Alexa knew what would happen and the results were horrifying, Alexa dived under the table making sure her cereal didn’t touch anymore of the book. The nasty, red, fire breathing, dragon formed, but where was the heroine? She couldn’t be lost, she was the person who saved everyone. Then Alexa realised. Whenever she imagined of being in the book she was always the heroine. There was no going back this time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!