Scars

There are many scars, on many people, physical, mental, or relationship scars. Many don't notice scars, like when you have an argument with a friend. The scar will form until you apologize, if you don't, the scar will grow into a ripple and affect others around you. Like Amy and Zoe...

Pitter! Pat! Pitter! Pat! The bucketing rain grew harder as Amy ran as quickly as she could to get home before her school uniform got soaked. As she ran, she felt the cold, wet rain filling slowly in her shoes, her damp socks squeaking against them. Amy thought back to the dispute she had with her best friend, Zoe earlier that day. She felt guilty and upset, but she told herself, "No, she broke it, she started it, it was her fault. I shouldn't feel guilty!" That moment was the moment when the friendship scar became a ripple...

Meanwhile, Zoe had just arrived home. “Home, sweet home,” Zoe said to herself. Tick, Tock! Tick, Tock! Zoe looked at the time, I better get a good night's rest before tomorrow, she thought. As she lay in bed, she thought about apologizing to Amy. “Night Zoe!" Her mother called. "Night Mum!" She replied.

The next morning Zoe rushed to school, in the hope of getting a fresh start to the week by apologizing. When Zoe finally arrived at school, she heard Amy whispering to her friends about how rude Zoe was and how they should all stay away from her. Zoe felt like her heart had been torn in two and instead decided not to apologize. She sat down gloomily without anyone to comfort her, she felt betrayed. From there, things only escalated...

The next day, when Zoe came to sit down with Amy and the group, Amy refused to let Zoe talk with them. Amy explained to the group what had happened during their fight and the group turned against Zoe and moved away from her. Zoe could feel the tears welling up in her eyes, she bit her lip, she thought she was going to cry. Suddenly she took off to the bathroom. The group was being torn apart...

This is precisely why you should apologize after an argument. The following day, Zoe knew this had been going on for far too long, it was time for her to be the bigger person and apologize, deep down she knew that it was her fault that Amy's Precious trophy was broken. Zoe marched up to school holding her head high, she walked over to Amy and apologized, "I'm sorry for breaking your trophy, I know it meant a lot to you..." Zoe said."No Zoe, I'm sorry for leaving you out and turning all our friends against you, Best friends?" "Best Friends!" Zoe responded, she felt like a huge weight had been lifted from her shoulders. Of course, like all great friends, they forgave each other, and they were closer and stronger than ever before. So don't worry if you argue with someone, because if you apologize, the scar will be easily healed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!