Unwelcomed

Trapped in the dark asylum of terror and punishment. Bowed down by battered chains, severed from his world of liveliness and freedom by opposing bars. Powerless, nothing but dejection surges through his body while the vexation was non apparent. The lock loosened as it fell onto the ground opening the bars. His limbs were set free. Many years of endless enduring seemed to have come to an end. With the beams of bright sunlight and the welcoming gusts of the whistling breeze tore away his bitter and lonesome shell that had terrorised his mind for many frightening nights.

As he approached the vast city that he hadn’t remembered, the guarded doors closed. Messaging him that he was by himself now. In the vast city he would have to find a way to live. No one would be on his side. No one to watch over him. Although the guard’s ways were cruel and vile they were the reason he was still standing. Outside of isolation and out into the world in which he could be like everyone else.

Ignored, despised. The feeling of disregard was present in the faces he passed by. A flow in the opposite direction. An undefiable wave thrusting him on to the ground, where he recalled the distant memories of his life before the greed. Unstable and impoverished. Barely clinging on to his life.

The roaring blares of the many aggravated policemen up ahead attracted attention from a number of inquisitive residents, clearing room out of their industrious days to come and see what the commotion was about. He followed the migrating crowd mystifyingly, witnessing a desolated street that howled in the harsh sweeping winds. There was indeed a misinterpretation of the welcoming breeze that he first was introduced to. He stared, deeply into the taped off enclosure. A beacon of dreams stood on the opposite side of the road. Climbing the hindering tape, unaware of its sole purpose. Captivating the curiosity of the many citizens and policemen. They observed silently as he ran eagerly to the other side. The vexed glares of the men followed him to the stairs of the brightly lit building. The place where he could start a new life. The place where he could apply for a job was only steps away. His hand reached for the door. Grabbed and turned. Looming over him was the law. Pushed down where he was looked down upon by many people. They stood between him and the door to tell him that he wouldn’t be able to get through.






FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!