What An Odd World We Live In

The world was ending.
Buildings crumbled, trees resembled flaming torches, people nearby were screaming, trying their best to not be trampled by the multitude of animals as they ran amok.
What an odd world we live in.
I stepped gingerly into the town square. I’ve never heard so much noise in my life. The clangs of metal on metal rang out from several areas around the small village. The cobbled streets were soaked in the blood of friends and foes. Withered and wilted flowers lined the once joyful streets. What was left of the fun of this town has been sapped away.
I spotted the king, standing on the bridge of his legendary castle, watching the battles unfold in the world of commoners. His brow creased with worry.
If the bridge he stood upon fell, the town would be doomed. We’d have no hope in building back up from scratch.
I unravelled the great scroll I stowed within my coat. Hands shaking, I scribbled a few words down.
The bridge, holding our almighty king, crumbled, bringing our ruler to the ground. I smirked.
What an odd world we live in.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!