Ray Of Hope

On my morning walk, I saw a huge saucer-like object emitting blue light landing on Mt.Bulla. I was awestruck! Would that be a spaceship?! I exclaimed. Curiosity got the best of me and I ran towards it. Anybody there? I asked, and a window opened. A green-faced, bald-headed, one-eyed living creature waved at me. It seemed friendly so I began to get closer, but the creature shut the window abruptly. I continued to stand in anticipation of a second appearance.

While I waited, I wondered if it was an alien from outer space. After some time, the alien opened the door. Excited, I waved, and it walked towards me and held my hands. Their bodies were green like leaves. Gripped with fear, I couldn’t speak. Immediately a whirlwind transported us to an alien land! The alien started talking to me in English. Something familiar! I sighed in relief. He introduced himself as Lome. I still couldn’t believe that I was having a conversation with an Alien!! Do you speak English? I asked. No, he said, “I retrieved information from your mind when I held your hand’’. I knew of artificial intelligence but what is this? Well, I called it Alien intelligence. How often do you visit Earth? I asked hurriedly. Lome answered, “We were on a mission looking for life on this galaxy” and added, “the earth is in crisis”. He was referring to COVID19 how it had gripped the world in fear. Amazed at all the information this extra-terrestrial had, I informed him that we were socially distancing ourselves to stop the viral spread. It had crippled our economy and I also told him that online schools were the new norm and I missed playing with my friends. I could only wish that we had a drug to treat this disease, I added. “ I think I can help”, he said. Help us how? You have a drug!! It would benefit our planet greatly, I said in a mellow voice. Mr. Lome went inside, handed me a frozen vial that had a picture of coronavirus on it. Within seconds we made it back to the earth. I thanked and appreciated his generosity. Trying to hold back my tears, looking at that precious vial in my hand, I whispered this drug is what our world needs the most. He held my hands, maybe to read my emotions and in a gentle tone, he said, I shall visit you again. Soon, there was a noise and the spaceship disappeared into the sky.

I decided to give the cryovial to the medical officer. It was difficult to convince him to test the drug since I had received it from an alien, but he finally yielded. They tested and said it works!!! I smiled! Weeks that followed were long and overwhelming with press and media all around. The alarm went off, I opened my eyes only to realize it was a dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!