Expecto Patronym - The Petrous Charm

“The Petrous Charm is difficult to produce, almost impossible, it should never be done. Only one person has ever annoyed the emperor enough and he wiped out half of eternity because of this. It is inevitable that if you make a God mad you shall suffer the consequences. The spell is deafening and unmistakable. You will know it’s going to happen because there will be a dear-shaped cloud covering the world with a radioactive cloud coming out from behind it”.
It was a harsh cloudy morning in Egypt and you could hardly see the pyramids. The two best friends were thrilled to go to the pyramids in Egypt but little did they know that an Evil God laid in wait. The two friends Ariki and Oliver were both 18, they both now lived in Cairo, Egypt. They had never seen the pyramids and it had always been their dream.
BEEP! BEEP! The car horn sounded. “Let’s go bro”, said Oliver. The boys were so pumped to go and finally there on their way. The cars wheels drifted on the sand and the boys cheered.
When they finally arrived, they crept into the first pyramid out of the five that were there. There were so many sick things to see. The second, third and fourth pyramids were all the same as the first pyramid but there was something sketchy about the fifth one. “Hey Oliver, it’s getting a bit dark, can we can check out the last pyramid tomorrow”, asked Ariki. “Fine”, Oliver answered. The boys had a long drive back because they were on the other side of Cairo. They were in the car jamming to the music when suddenly they felt a jolt that sent shivers down their spine. The music stopped.
That night after the day of their dreams had occurred the boys were talking and laying down. “I really wish we went to the fifth one”, Oliver said. After ten minutes talking, they slowly drifted off to sleep like babies. Soon Oliver had a horrifying dream. There was a dear shaped cloud and a giant green cloud unfolding behind it. It was like the magic from a person who has rubbed an orb. When they woke up they both said, “Wow that was a weird dream and everyone was feeling anxious”.
The adventure restarted the next day when they were entering into the fifth pyramid. They found a lever, Oliver said “Pull it”, “Ok” said Ariki. BANG!!! The pyramid began to collapse. They could see the light in the distance and thankfully made it out. Soon they realised there was the deer shaped cloud and a green one unfolding exactly like was in Oliver’s dream. They could see a glowing figure in the distance and it was the Petrous Emperor. He had an orb and he was about to rub it. Oliver flashed back to his dream and jumped to get the orb. He did this and the God didn’t see life again. He saved the day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!