A Warren Of Rabbits

Boing, Boing, Boing. Once upon a time there were three little rabbits called Fluffy, Fefe and Cloud. Fluffy was the oldest, she was twelve, she was a beautiful bronze. Fefe was ten and her fur was light brown. Cloud was five, her fur was dark brown. They had an incredibly old mother, she was ninety-nine, her name was Mother Dumpling and she was the queen of Warren and all the bunnies loved her. Their father had died when the bunnies were little only leaving her.
One day mother dumpling was feeling extremely sick! So sick she could not walk or sing (she loved to sing mostly on bright Sunday mornings).
“OH NO! Mother is sick what shall we do now?” screamed Fluffy.
“We should call the grand doctor obviously” Cloud sang out with a shaking tone.
“Oh and Fluffy, run and get Fefe, she is down town with her friends” Cloud requested.
Fluffy took off running with out delay. If you are thinking Cloud is so young, how is she so smart and bossy? It’s because she is a good watcher and listener and she is smarter than all the others put together. She ran as fast as an airplane to find the doctor. When she finally found him (he was in the royal hospital), she screamed “Mother Dumpling is sick come quick” and the doctor picked up his bag and came running instantly to save the queen. In town Fluffy and Fefe were tearing down the path to the queen’s hollow tree. The princesses met at the front door with the doctor. They opened the door and Fefe said “Hello Mother? Are you there”? They raced past the kitchen and into the grand living room and lying on the old dusty granny chair they saw Mother Dumpling. Her crown gleaming in the sun. Her eyes where closed like she was sleeping peacefully. The doctor opened his medical case and pulled a stethoscope and put it on. He put the other end on the queen’s chest and listened. The room was silent. The three bunnies waited in suspense. The doctor turned around with tears in his eyes.
“I think she… I think”.
“Do not say the dreaded words. Is she … do you think...” stuttered Fefe.
“I am dearly sorry my child, the queen of Warren is dead”.
No! It cannot be true! Who will rule Warren now?” They all sobbed.
“Tut, tut, tut why you will darling’s. Warren has three new rulers now. It is up to you to keep Warren safe”. And with that he left. In the wind they could hear their mother saying, “Be brave, be strong and be adventurous”.
“Now what”? Sobbed Fluffy.
“You heard the doctor. We will rule Warren just like our mother” Cloud said rubbing her eyes.
That week the bunnies had a lot of visitors and their Nanny came to stay with them until they were old enough to look after themselves.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!