In-betweens.

The room was dull, echoed with the coughs and sneezes of others. Gabriel laid on the leather bed and groaned in pain. He stared at the clock, which didn't hurry to tick. Then the lad heard a young bird chirping on the branch just outside the window. He looked back at the clock, it barely even moved. It seems, than more he waited for it than slower it became, and finally the next tick didn't come. Surprised Gabriel wanted to sit up on the bed, but his hands sank ….

… in the nice warm sand. There he sat, on the beach with his father, in the shade of the palm trees. Getting ready to snorkel, he watched the dolphins jumping around in the waves. As the kid plunged into the water, he was dipped into the sights of beautiful corals, tropical fish and all other wonders. Continued to snorkel, he met a giant sea-turtle peacefully glided right below him. After paddling back to shore Gabriel and his sister, Summer, built sand castles, collected seashells and chased fish. At the end of the day they raced with the speedy crabs and the entire family watched the sun set. Enormously happy and enormously tired, the boy closed his eyes...

...Tick... At last - here it's come! The clock! Gabriel tried to open his eyes. The doctor shone light straight inside. His manners were impersonal and cold. The nurse handed him instrument without looking at her patient once.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!