LEGO City Is Invaded

"Argh! Duplo is destroying LEGO City! It's heading straight for the apartment!" screamed Joe.
"Argh! It knocked over the apartment!" exclaimed Jordy.
CRASH!
"Why has everything gone black?" asked Joe.
"D'oh, the building just fell down and hit the Westpac building," said Jordy.
"Where's all this money from?" asked Joe.
"I just told you," said Jordy. "Did you hit your head when the building fell?"
"I don't know," said Joe, with a puzzled look on his LEGO face.
"What are you waiting for? We need to go out and fight the Duplo!" yelled Jordy.
"With what?" asked Joe, worriedly, "And how do we get out of here?"
At that, Jordy started climbing towards the smashed window. "Follow me!"
"They're giant! How are we ever going to stop them?" asked Joe.
"With bombs of course," explained Jordy. "Let's go."

***

"Come on, light the fuse quick!" Yelled Jordy, as he ripped open a box and pulled out a grenade.
"Duck!" Yelled Jordy, as the grenade exploded inches away from them.
Then there was a deafening silence.

***

There was a loud cheer as the smoke settled to reveal the gigantic pile of Duplo.
"You're my hero!" Yelled a young boy from somewhere in the crowd.
"I feel heroic," said Joe, as he turned to face where he thought Jordy was. "Where are you, Jordy?!" He yelled.
At that moment he saw Jordy being chucked around in the crowd. He thought to himself "that's a bit unfair, I helped to save you all."
Just then, he realised he was also being chucked around in the crowd.
"Well, that was a day well-lived. Sort of..." said Jordy. Joe could do nothing but nod in agreeance.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!