Strange Box

It was a sunny morning at the beach. I was sitting on the bench. Then something fell on the side.

CLONK! It was a box. A very strange box with a wrapper on it.

I wondered what was inside. I had to find clues. I first thought if it is heavy or light. I lifted the box and found it is not too heavy. I noted it down on my notebook, so I do not forget the first clue.

Secondly, I wanted to see if it is alive or not. So, I put my ear close to the box but there was no sound. Then I marked it down as my second clue in my notebook as ‘not alive’.

When I was trying to think of another clue, my mum said ‘It’s time to go home’

I cannot let my parents see this. I had to think of a plan. I know. I said, ‘Can we wait for 5 more minutes, please?’. And mum said, ‘Okay’.
I thought to sneak into the car, so I tip-toed.

I was halfway there. ‘Almost there’ I murmured.
‘Nearly’ I said, when the box slipped and cracked opened its’ wrapper on the sand.
I exclaimed, ‘It’s a racing car!’

Then I saw a little boy coming towards me. He shouted, ‘My race car!! My race car!! My race car!!’
I gave the racing car to the little boy and asked, ‘Can I keep the box and you have the car please?’
He agreed and happily went away with his car.

Then I went inside the car thinking what I can do with this box, all the way home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!