The Friendship Murder

“Guys check this out, we got invited to New Year’s Eve party”. The 17-year-old kids got all pampered and hyped up for their very first big and popular party. They were so excited! They did one last check that they had all 5 friends and headed off to get ready. Once they were ready, they called an uber and set off to the New Year’s Eve party. When they arrived, they all went their separate ways to find more of their mates. As the night went on, they all met back up, but George was nowhere to be found. George had been led into the woods behind the party by the killer early in the night. At about midnight when the party was still young Max realised, he hadn’t seen George since they arrived. So, he rounded up the others and asked, “have you guys seen George anywhere” They all looked at each other with blank faces, suddenly they realised that no one had seen him. Bella and Ruby set off one way to find him and Max and Jason set off the other way. After half an hour of searching for George, they started to panic, suddenly the police come to shut down the party. Ruby talked to the police about George, the police looked around and to their ultimate surprise they found him knocked out covered in blood in the middle of the woods out the back of the party. As they rushed him to the hospital, they worried who would be next. After 3 days of waiting for George to recover they started investigating who would do such a thing! Once George got home everything was different for everybody. We all started taking shift keeping George company Bella had her turn every Monday but always made an excuse to get out of it, so Jason usually volunteered to take her place. So, for, Ruby, Max, Jason and I life was tight. Ruby and Max were working around the clock to find something to lead to the killer. About a month after George got home an axe covered in blood, was uncovered about 100 meters away from the attempted murder scene next to a lake which was later tested with Georges blood. After 3 days of testing for fingerprints they finally had some form of a lead. But for some reason that the kids couldn’t understand it pointed to Bella’s family even though her parents were overseas in Paris for their 20-year anniversary so the only person that could have done this is Bella and that would be insane. But suddenly the started connecting the dots one by one and realised maybe that’s why she didn’t want to keep George company and also why we couldn’t find her at the party until we all went to look for George. “Bella did you attempt to murder George beach”? asked the investigator “yes I did”. So, after Bella was put in jail everything was back to normal.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!