Dino Island

Lucan, the son of Polly and James Rogers, was exploring an island they just woke up on. When he was exploring he found a mountain, he called his parents over and they were amazed. Before they woke up on the island they were about to climb a mountain so they had all the right gear. His parents weren’t just going to sit there so they started climbing. When they were half way through Lucan spotted something on the ground that wasn’t there a while ago so they started climbing down. When they got down Lucan realized that it was an egg but he didn’t see any birds or trees. Then it started to hatch, a weirdly shaped claw came out Lucan was a big bird fan also a big dino fan so when the claw came out he recognised it almost imediently then he thought that was impossible. Then a velociraptor came out. All of them were shocked, it was a real dinosaur they looked around and found a hole in the mountain. They looked around the area they had and made some weapons because they were now scared on what’s on the other side of the mountain so when it became night they made a fire and an old fashion torch to scare off anything on the other side. They went through the hole and there were sauropods, pterosaurs then a raptor ran at them. the baby raptor got in the way and said something to the raptors that made them go away. The baby raptor then huddle up against Lucan. Lucan then realized that the baby raptor imprinted on him. He was so excited but his parents were still cautious. They walking for a bit still in complete shock until Lucan spots a raptor pack. Lucan went over there slowly and carefully with the raptor. Then the pack spots them and starts hissing at them. the baby raptor then goes over there and starts talking to them then the pack including the baby runs towards them all he did was froze because he was terrified then they surrounded him then a gallimimus went towards him then the pack attacked the gallimimus then he realized the baby was a good persuader then he named the baby raptor Jake. Since they were protecting him he realized he was there alpha. When he went over to his parents the raptors started hissing then Lucan made them stand down they went to what they call the safe side. They started chopping down trees and made a raft and they recorded the island location so they could go back when they were on the raft they heard the tyrannosaurs Rex Roar and a bunch of pterosaurs fly off. They made their way home safely and never told anyone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!