The World And Her Hopeless Students

Ultimately the world is not a very nice place, it would be easiest to pack up and move to Jupiter perhaps, but it is not mother earth that is the problem. You are the problem. We all are. Humans are destroying the world. We are destined to be insatiable, and to wreak havoc, whichever way we tread.
We are not gracious. To show gratitude would be to not have got to this disastrous spot in the first place. The world is dwindling because we have failed her. Pumping her full of a myriad of toxic gasses produced by our mass production of ‘necessary resources’ which we then proceed to waste, until she is almost at her breaking point. Like a balloon about to explode.
Earth has been nothing but wonderful to us, displaying all kinds of dreamlike exhibits. Things that grow, northern lights, the sun which sets and rises just for us to watch in awe, the waves, the mountains, rainbows and the full moon. Mother nature alone is our soul provider. But we repaid our greatest companion with destruction, wrongdoing and thoughtlessness.
Leaving our first planet behind to rehabilitate on another would be far from appropriate. We would remain the common denominator, destroying yet another miraculous orb that we cannot comprehend merely through our limited empirical knowledge. A people who have shattered such a creation deserve to go down with it.
Or rather, we search our souls for some gratitude, something which is long overdue, and spend our time putting the world back together. From our self-imposed dystopia back to our past utopia. Or maybe, we will discover, we have not acted soon enough.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!