Legacy

4 men strolled towards Jacob. “Nice to meet you” one man politely exclaimed in a British accent. His name was Sloan. “G’day Cobber, I’m Johnny” A brown-haired Australian said. He looked a bit older than the rest, Jacob thought he might be about 40. “Would you like some of this baguette?” A Frenchman name Alfonzo asked. The last man just gave a wave, Jacob gestured back. As they were chatting, the boat had docked at the port and they started unloading the troops. Jacob’s group walked towards the back of the pack. Their car was already parked. The drive was 18 hours. Jacob was too young to drive, so Johnny drove instead. Jacob was having a quiet chat to the shy man. He said he was 20 but he looked 15. He also found out his name was Percy. Jacob told him that he was 16 and he couldn’t believe it. “Did your mother let you go?” he asked in a surprised tone. “Yeah, she was all for it because…” he stuttered and then continued. “My father died in the war and…” “Russian Toll booth up ahead!” Johnny shouted. “Don’t worry, I’ve got an idea” Jacob insisted. As he was telling them his plan, they got about 100 metres away from the toll. “While they’re looking through the trunk, Johnny runs behind one and whacks him in the back of the head with the stock of your gun and then…” He then turned to the man next to him and said “Percy, I’ve got a special job for you.” They pulled up to the toll and Percy got into position. As expected, both members of the Russian military went straight to the trunk. “And…NOW!” Jacob yelled. Johnny hopped out of the car silently and hit the first man in the back of the skull. The second man then turned on Johnny and then BANG! Percy shot him in the foot with perfect aim from his position underneath the truck. Then they hopped back in and sped away. They drove on for another hour to get to their first allocated factory. It was inside a nuclear power plant, so they were fully decked out with hazmat suits and surgical masks. Jacob and Alfonzo placed the bombs on one side of the factory, Johnny put one on the roof and Percy and Sloan collaborated on the other side. “I find it funny that we are blowing up the bomb factory with bombs” Alfonzo joked in his thick French accent. They backed away. It was about to blow. The man that created the weapon that killed his father was about blow. And the weapons as well. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1… There was a helpless dog sitting right next to the exact bomb he placed. He loved dogs, he had 2 at home, so he wasn’t going to let this one perish. He sprinted then took a large dive, scooped the dog up in his arms and BANG!!!!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!