Deep Down

Walking deeper and deeper into the cave they hear clicking. Their torches start flickering, Sparks start roaring out of their torches. “What’s happening” yells an officer. BANG! Their torches cut out. The clicking gets louder. BOOM! Bats start smashing into the police. “STAY ON THE WALLS!” Demands the vice-captain. Bats fly past leaving the officers on their toes. They put on their night vision. The Captain starts twitching, the other officers look over “let’s keep going” with a very weird manner. The medic moved over to the captain in case he had been bitten. “Don’t see anything” says the medic. The captain starts foaming from his mouth and bites the medic. “You will never leave”, says the Captain. The officers try to get outside but can’t find the entrance while the captain chases them. The vice-captain sprints out not looking behind. All he hears is screams through his head piece. He turns on the vehicle and drives off. While driving he thinks about what happened. After driving on a straight road for ages, he sees the sign he’s been waiting for, FBI. He drives up to the gate, scans his card and the gate opens and he drives through. He gets out and into the building and takes the elevator to the top. He meets Miss Ray, the leader of the FBI. He tells her about what happened. They don’t understand what could have caused the Captain to do such thing. They planned out what to do, then while they geared up, Miss Ray approached the Vice-captain and told him “look we’re sorry but you’re a victim, you can’t be there.” “I’m the only one that knows what happened” begs the vice-captain. “There are no more questions we need to ask”. “Let’s go squad” she says as she walks into the elevator. The vice-captain quietly sneaks down the stairs and secretly joins her squad. Her squad jumps into the back of a truck and she hops in the front with the driver. They get to the cave and enter. The vice-captain taps Miss Ray on the shoulder, “hello”. “What are you doing here? I told you to stay back”. They keep moving when the captain jumps out and grabs an FBI agent. They form a circle trying to tranquilise the captain. Bang another FBI agent. Plan B, plan B go. They all run out, the captain following. They run out through the sides. The Captain runs out. Woop! The captain runs out onto the net and is caught. They drive back to the lab to run some tests on him. The doctor says “his got rabies” On his left leg he has a bite mark. “I have given him the antidote so he should be getting better”. SMASH! The doctor runs in, to check on the captain and sees he’s not on the bed. He looks to his right and sees that there’s a massive opening in the wall leading to outside. “Oh no” says the doctor.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!