A Bungy Jump

I am standing so high up, grasping onto the old, rough and barky oak tree. I am steadily balancing on the thick, round branch while I was waiting for the signal.
“Alright” the safety man says he checks my harness for the 7th time. He steps back and gives me the thumbs up.
I look down, the ground is a blur. I start to feel dizzy and unwell. I turn around to find the man was urgingly yelling “jump already”. I looked down, closed my eyes and leapt. I was too flabbergasted to scream. I just jumped off one of the tallest trees in Australia. Then I start to see the ground. Much more clearly now. I AM GOING TO HIT THE GROUND!! I start to scream then… I get to the ground and stop at the last minute. I reach out to touch the dirt then suddenly BOING! I go zooming back up. I start screaming at the top of my voice. Now I am zooming up so fast. Up and up and up. When I felt like I was going to just faint, I felt someone grab the hard leather rope my hands had been grabbing onto this whole time. My hands are now cut and bruised from gripping the rope tightly. The man unharnessed me. I got lowered to the ground in the pully. When I got to the foot of the tree I lay on the hard, rocky earth and fainted.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!