The Facility

Chara jolted up from her bed with confusion. She looked around the room, the walls were refined and polished, the ground felt like hard, spiky concrete. Sharp enough to cut someone’s foot cut into two. As she was looking around, she noticed something strange. The room’s door had been left open. Was someone trying to help her leave the room or was someone on the other end of that door? She hopped out of bed and made her way towards the door. She poked her head out the door frame, trying to look for other people or something else. She looked around the outside of her room, which now she realizes it’s a cell. Looking for something else she found a small sign on the side of the door, it read
Female Humanoid-043, Containment Cell
She was shocked, unable to think as to why she was kept in there. Suddenly, soldiers marched their way through the corridors, Chara bounced back into her cell and hid beneath her bed. After she heard the marching fade into nothing, she made her way up the corridor where the soldiers came in. Having nothing to lose she decided it wasn’t safe her and had a fear that whoever locked her up, would begin to experiment on her. She looked down and near the door was a small yellow card, it was the size of a credit card. She further examined it and found out that it was a key to her freedom. The card read, Scientist Level 04 Access Card. She placed the card onto a scanner. He door opened revealing tunnels to different chambers and laboratories, that she thought were used to experiment on subjects like her.
Chara began to make her way towards corridors that lead to an intersection. Her mind twirled with confusion, not knowing where she came from or where she should go. She made a brave decision to open every door she came by, not knowing if some doors weren’t supposed to be opened. Her stomach growled in hunger, her throat so dry it was a painful desert, she could barely move. Dropping onto the floor multiple times, her hunger for freedom kept her going, until she found it: the exit to the outside world. Forgetting her pain and hunger, she rushed towards the door, quickly grabbing out the keycard from her pocket and jamming it into the card reader. The door opened. Squealing in excitement, she dropped onto the sandy floor. Except, she couldn’t feel sand, she could only feel a smooth surface. Sand is rough and sharp, but the floor was not. She looked again.
“But, I’m outside. What’s going on? How can sand be smooth?”
She slowly glanced at the sky. The sky was flickering, like if someone was turning off and on the blue sky. She rose up from the floor and kept on stomping the ground as hard as she could until she heard glass breaking. The world surrounding her faded away.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!