Dragon And Wolf Attack

I woke up about three in the morning. My friend, Annabel was already awake in her bunk reading a book about Buildings. You would think a daughter of Athena reading a construction book would be VERY weird. But I will tell you WHY she is so interested in being… DING! DING!! DING!!! “Was that the dragon bell?!” Yes, it was! Suddenly, HISSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I grabbed my sword called Bronze. Then, I noticed Annabel was beside me, with her bronze knife glinting in her hand. We both plunged out of the door. We ran to where the HISSSSSSSSSSS noise came from.

To my horror, there was a dragon. Two feet long, it hissed at me and Annabel. Annabel screamed. Then, the hunters rushed out of their cabin. The dragon twisted its head and snarled. It seemed to be saying, ‘More people to defeat?’ Now, the hunters are the Goddesses of the Moon. Now, back to the dragon. I uncapped Bronze, which grew into a ONE metre sword. I charged. What else could I do? The hunters charged too. They shot HUGE arrows. Some arrows were bronze, some were gold, some were ruby, and some were emerald. My sword bounced harmlessly off the dragon’s scales!

But, where the sword had hit, there was a greenish yellowish mark! The scales were melting! That’s when I saw it was soaking wet! I recognised it as a WATER DRAGON!! The place where I had hit it with the sword, there was glimmering, blue and green skin. The hunters were running out of arrows! We fought until there was only four arrows left. There were three gold arrows and one bronze arrow. The bronze one did the most damage. We shot it. BULLSEYE! I yelled. The arrow had hit the dragon’s eye! It roared in pain. Then, it slithered back into the water.

In the morning, everybody in camp was calling me naughty guy for trying to fight the dragon by myself. Especially, CLAIRE. Claire kept glaring at me like I had just punched her grandmother in the face! Well, the real reason is she didn’t get to fight the dragon. She says she can kill it in one punch! I don’t believe her. OF COURSE! She is like an enemy to me…CRASH! BANG! In an instant, an emerald wolf charged out of my cabin! When the wolf saw us, it froze like a statue. Then, it turned and started crashing my cabin into splinters!

I charged with my sword at the ready. I hit the wolf on the head! But, the wolf didn’t flinch. I kept hitting it, but it didn’t do anything to the wolf. Suddenly, the wolf howled in pain! A SILVER arrow had hit its leg! I noticed that a silver arrows are more dramatic to a wolf! I changed Bronze into a silver sword. I charged again. The sword hit it in the eye! OOOOOOOOF!!!!!!!!!!!! It slumped onto the beach. I looked at the wolf until it was lost out of sight. Meanwhile, Annabel was sitting on the dirt continuing to read her construction book.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!