The New School Year

The year was 1999 and the school was called Lismore South Public School. There were over 250 students in this school. But there was this one student that thought he was the boss of everybody. His name was Trevor. He always told people what to do and when to do it. The teachers tried to get him do his work but sometimes he lied about being sick or having to take care of his mother or father. He only did this when he didn’t want to do his work or go to school.
But what about me you ask? Well my name is Scarlet. Let me talk about myself. I have about twenty or so friends and I live on a farm. I will also tell you about my many different pets I have. I have two hundred pigs, ten bulls, eighty cows, fifty-nine dogs, twenty-four cats and the rest are horses. I have many jobs which include feeding the animals and cleaning the house and that’s takes most my time.
Well let’s keep going on the story shall we?
“In 3 weeks’ time we were going on a trip to the zoo”, said Tayler.
“Cool! I do really want to see the zebras,” said Scarlet.
“Me too,” said Clara.
“Any way we should get to class, the bell rang about one or two seconds ago,” said Scarlet. “After class there will be a 2 hours reading in the library but Trevor is skipping class again,” said Scarlet.
Two weeks later Trevor didn’t come to school. “He lies about being sick or taking care of his mother or father but he probably just didn’t want to go to school because of the test that has over 600 pages in it and we only get 4 hours to get it done,” said Scarlet. “That is not a very long time for 600 pages and plus he didn’t want to do it because he doesn’t like work or school”. “Like who doesn’t like school!” “I do said Taylor” Then the bell rang again!
“We are 5 minutes late” whispered Taylor. Well I can just run,” said Scarlet. So they got detention for being late.
“Tomorrow we are going to the zoo and it’s going to be fun,” said Scarlet. “I know I am so EXCITED for tomorrow,” said Tayler.
That afternoon at home, Scarlet called, “Mum! I’m home”.
“Hello Scarlet and welcome home,” said her mother “I’m. Going to the horse’s ok mum,” Scarlet told her mother, her mother “ok, but don’t be too long”.
When Scarlet was feeding the horse’s one horse fell on to the ground. He was cold and sick. Scarlet went to the horse on the ground. She was checking if the horse was ok or not. Then she realised it was not. She started crying and thought I can’t go to the zoo. So she called her friends saying she couldn’t go because her horse was sick. So they went the next week.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!