The Haunted Castle


Along time ago in the 1960’s there was a castle, a creepy haunted castle in the middle of nowhere. The castle was haunted by mysterious monsters never seen by any human eye. Legend has it that only three strong, brave, and mighty people will be able to defeat the monsters that haunted the castle and find the beautiful treasures hidden inside the castle. Those three people will be named Jack, Zuby, and Rosie and they will all be siblings.
One day a message came to the king of Afy land. The message was about the haunted castle, he immediately gathered all his children and told them about the message. The children names were Jack, Zuby and Rosie. Once the King told his kids about the news of the haunted castle, they all wanted to hold the scroll that had the message of the haunted castle, because they all loved adventurous things. The King left the scroll lying on his table and went to sleep. Jack, Zuby and Rosie were so excited and started fighting on who would get to hold the scroll. They all started pulling the scroll from one another’s hands and with a blink of eye they all disappeared into thin air. They were teleported to another dimension. They found themselves standing in front of the haunted castle that inhabited the deadly monsters. Within a few minutes of them being there, it started raining and they had to go inside the haunted castle. As all three siblings were very brave, they were very eager and excited to defeat the monsters with all their might.

As they approached the front gate of the castle, the gate mysteriously opened with a big creaking sound. Zuby kept on telling Jack that she saw somebody following them, but Jack and Rosie laughed at her and called her a scaredy cat. All of sudden the monsters appeared from behind and captured all three of them. And took them to the dungeons. The dungeons were dark and spooky. Rosie felt something hard pressing against her chest. She tried to push it away, but it started breathing fire, because of the fire they were able to see what it was. It was a dragon that the monsters had held captive in their castle. The dragon had eight eyes, three arms and huge magnificent wings. It was a marvelous creature. The three siblings quickly took out their knifes that they had hidden in their clothes and released the dragon, as a thankyou gesture the dragon promised to help them defeat the monsters and find the treasure. All of them fought the monsters with all their might and soon they had killed all the monsters and the castle was now free from the monsters. They found the treasure as well and decided to equally distribute it amongst all four of them. They were all incredibly happy and said goodbye to their new friend. They returned to their father’s kingdom by holding the scroll together once again.
The end




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!