Our World

When I was a little girl my mother would do my hair, pamper me up and buy me every little thing my tiny fingers could point at. My Father’s shoulders were the highest place on earth, they kept me safe from all the monsters that lurked under my bed and the skeletons that clicked in my closet. My Mother was my sweet summers eve and my Father was my reverent Fall, together we lived in our little world. In our little world, the only races that mattered were the ones who ran the fastest and tried the hardest. My sibling was my only arch nemesis and the only wars we ever declared were games of go fish. Tears were the only things faked,not smiles and the only things that broken were crayons, never promises, nor hearts. Goodbyes only meant till dad gets home from work and sad times lasted only for a moment before mum gave you the most tender of hugs. Every year, on the dawn of my special day. I woke up to the unmistakable smell of fresh pancakes and golden maple syrup. Hurrying down the stairs I knew there was no need to rush, yet I couldn’t stop my heart from racing or my feet scurrying down the stairs. Negative thoughts ran through my mind. What if they weren’t there? What if it's not the day? What if this is the last time? Until, the last flight, every ounce of pent up fear, doubt and anxiety was swept away like the deciduous leaves of a maple tree against the harsh autumn winds. At the last step, I saw my world right before me. Later that day we ventured town to the courtyard, where all other princesses from distant lands gathered with a plethora of vibrantly wrapped gifts. Together we would dance around resplendent forests that surrounded us. Our soft crinoline satin dresses trailing behind us, as the pitter-patter of our feet against the rich soil sends an uproar of dandelion seeds, which swarmed us like drift of bees. Once ripping through the layers of presents we basked in colorful wrapping paper and innocence that was thought to be forever lasting in our hearts. No one could take this away from us. These were our memories, our moments. This was our world.











FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!