The Alien Adventure

Maddie, in her rock climbing gear, could almost see the top of the humongous cliff. The mist stuck on her like a dress, the dust stung her neck, but she kept going. When she laid her foot in a crevice she lost her grip, but she gained all her strength to pull herself up. When she got to the top she let out a shout of happiness.

“Well done”, Maddie heard someone say, she quickly turned around and saw a man walking towards her with a really odd parrot on his shoulder.

“What are you doing up here?” Maddie asked him, “I thought no one could live up here.”

“That's what you think, but have you actually been up here and seen for yourself?” he asked.

“Well, not really”, Maddie replied.

The man had a really long cloak that went all the way down to his feet. He had green eyes as well as that really odd parrot on his shoulder.

“We rely on buba food because we’re aliens that formed up here” said the alien man.

“What do you mean, we?” Maddie tried to ask without a scared look on her face.

Suddenly Maddie heard a shout behind her, it was more aliens! Maddie started to feel that this was no ordinary mountain, it was a whole new planet! Maybe she was the first to discover it because no one had the courage to climb it except her. Maddie thought it was a dream; it had to be a dream.

“Am I dreaming?” Maddie asked the alien man.

“You are not dreaming, this is real” the alien man replied.

Maddie was starting to panic, what if she never got home again, what if she never saw her mum again?

The alien man saw that she was panicking and said “you will go back home, besides you won't like the buba food anyway”.

”What's your name?” Maddie asked him.

“Zig, my name is Zig” Zig said.”

“Well my name is Maddie, nice to meet you” Maddie told him.

When Maddie looked up she thought she was in the future with flying cars, robots selling ice cream and everything you can imagine! Maddie was amazed.

”Do you wanna go for a ride in my flying car? ”Zig asked Maddie.

Maddie knew this was the start of a great ADVENTURE!!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!