The Night Of The Teddy Bear

In the middle of a stormy night, a lightning flash strikes onto my pavement. As the smoke was clearing I began to recognise the outline of a strange looking figure.Once the smoke evaporated I saw a teddy bear. It was staring straight into my window. I laid back into my bed wondering if it had been there before.There was scuttering, then silence.

I peered out of my window, not long before I jumped back in shock.There, sitting on my window seal, was the teddy. It started to speak to me in a voice that sounded like a ferocious lion.The radio turns on and screeches, I quickly turned it off.

I looked back at my window but the teddy was gone. My heart was pounding, whilst I was thinking, where did it go? Suddenly I felt a cold, soft hand on my shoulder. I slowly turned my head to see the teddy.

In a dash, I ran next door to my brother's bedroom. He was fast asleep as I realised his favourite teddy was gone. I pictured the teddy in my mind. Suddenly it came to me, the teddy looked exactly like my little brothers.

I ran back into my room looking for the teddy. There it was laying on the ground. I brushed my foot against it but nothing happened. I picked it up and waved it around.Then in the corner of my eye I saw the teddy’s paw coming straight at me.

Thud! The teddy hits the ground hard. My hands shiver as I bring them up to the side of my face. I run my fingers through the sticky blood. With a shiver down my spine I walk over to my mirror. I look up to see my blood red cheek.

I turned around in vexation. As I expected the teddy was gone. In a second I was searching frantically high and low. Finally I found him and picked him up. He wiggled and squirmed like a worm trying to break free from my grip.

I couldn't put up with him for much longer. So I dropped him. Breathing heavily I lifted my leg over the teddy's body. But before I could slam it down I heard someone scream STOP! Thoughts rushed through my head as I turned around. In a heartbeat I saw my little brother.

“What are you doing awake? Quick, you need to get back to bed.” I splattered at him. As I was tugging at his arm I heard a mumble under his breath.
“What,” I hissed at him.
“ I didn't want this to happen,” he confessed. “I told my teddy something that you won’t like.”
“What.Tell me NOW!” I demanded.
“I told him how mean you are to me. So when I left him outside and lightning struck him, he wanted revenge.”
As the teddy crawled out the window I asked my brother,” Well do you want to make amends now?
“ Yes of course,” he said joyfully.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!