Awake, But Where?

AWAKE, BUT WHERE?

The night felt eerie and sinister as a young blonde haired girl lay in bed yearning to fall asleep. At last, after many hours of tossing and turning she was asleep, but little did she know something unexpected was about to come upon her.
Whilst Isabella was asleep two grown men crept out of the closet. No one could hear a thing as they smuggled her into their white, tinted windowed van and drove off like nothing had happened.
The strange night had passed; the broad daylight was piercing through the curtains onto Isabella’s face. She awoke from her night’s sleep confused. She thought where was I? How did I get here? Shaking her head making sure she wasn’t in dream, Isabella began yelling out her parents names but there was no reply. Something was obviously going on but what? Before she could say another word a tall, dark man walked into the room. He looked familiar but she could not make out who this man was. She was puzzled, she wanted answers. Isabella proceeded to ask how she got into this dingy house, but instead of the man answering he just walked away very slowly as if he couldn’t hear a thing.
Isabella’s escape plan was brewing in her head. Many possible escape plans were swimming through her head. One of the men with a lighter skin tone and big bushy brown locks walked right past her room and into another room. Isabella was suspicious about what was in that room. The door was stiff and made of steel. It was now her chance to see what was actually behind that door. Both of the men had vanished into the night… or so she thought.
Isabella softly tiptoed out of her room into the firm, rigid floor board hallway. She moved closer and closer to the room, grasping the door knob making it creak throughout the house. A short time after, Isabella could hear footsteps that became louder and louder. She quickly slid against the door into the room and was amazed at what she discovered. Had she just found her way out of this horrific place?
In the room stood three doors. You might be wondering what was behind each of those door but to be truthful nobody really knows until they go through each and every one of them. Surely one could lead me home thought Isabella. She leaned towards the wooden door which was rotting in every place possible. Although it didn’t look the most appealing it could just be her ticket back home. She was about to make her final step when she looked back into the vast distance of the house and thought… ‘Maybe this is where I belong’.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!