Something New

I felt like I was going to vomit as our car left the only place I had ever called home. My world had been turned upside down! Firstly, my mum got married to Zoe's dad and Zoe is my sworn enemy. Secondly, I had to leave my home town and move around with a carnival because Zoe's dad runs it. Thirdly, I would only be able to see my best friend Bella once a year when the carnival comes around. I was so upset!

Do you think Bella had already forgotten about me?
I hope not. Anyway Zoe is so annoying. She pinches me when my mum isn’t watching and her singing is terrible. Oh why couldn’t I have Bella as a stepsister.We have just arrived in a new town hours away from my home town. We stay in a town for one or two weeks. The rides are pretty fun but they're not really that good when you're alone, like I am. My Mum bought me a phone because she said that I was really understanding and brave with all the moving but I didn’t really have a choice.

To be honest this isn’t the worst thing that could happen. I now FaceTime Bella all the time and Zoe and I are actually friends. I have also made friends in a few different towns and my stepdad is actually pretty fun. I guess the point is that you just need to find a different perspective on things. Because sometimes it feels like the end of the world but it is just the start of something new.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!