The Fishing Trip

It was Thursday afternoon at the abandoned beach. The white clouds were covering the bright, blue sky. The wind was blowing strongly. The smell of the cold, fresh air was amazing. The trees were swishing strongly, the branches were breaking. The sound of the rustling leaves was like someone eating something crunchy. The tide was rough. The fish and prawns were coming in.

Leah was a 21 year old. She lived in the city and hardly ever went on holiday. She sometimes went fishing but hardly ever caught any fish. When Leah went fishing she always wore a black t-shirt and green shorts. Leah always had food and medical supplies in case something happened.

Leah had been fishing all day long and caught heaps of bright, shimmering fish. The puffy, black clouds were building up in the bright, blue sky. They were covering the unforgiving, hot sun. She was feeling an icy cold breeze. Leah looked up and saw the lightning as it danced across the sky. It started to pour rain and she was terrified.

Leah stood like she was frozen near the water. It was raining and she had two choices. She could either keep fishing or go home. The positive to continuing fishing was that she might overcome her fear of storms and catch more fish. The negative was that she would be terrified and might not overcome her fear. If she went home, she would be safe and dry but her luck at catching fish would be over. This was the first day she had actually caught fish.

Leah thought about what she should do. She had to make a choice. She decided to go home because she was soaking wet, cold and scared to death. Leah thought she had caught enough fish for herself. She went home and later enjoyed tasty, fresh fish and salad for tea.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!